Here you will find any and all resources and support for Problem gambling and any related services – for ALL AUSTRALIANS
- The Australian Government has provided this Resource Kit for Family and Friends of someone affected by problem gambling.It provides support and information on where and how to seek help, what to look out for and ways to protect themselves and their families. If you are concerned about the gambling habits of a loved one and want to hear first-hand experiences of this difficult journey, then follow the link and read on: http://www.problemgambling.gov.au/resources/
The Gambling Helpline (1800 858 858) is a free, confidential telephone help service which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – across ALL OF AUSTRALIA
Gambling Help New South Wales
- Gambling Help – a NSW Govt initiative provides this page for Problem Gamblers, their family and friends to access a range of services, professional support personnel and general resources that may help https://gamblinghelp.nsw.gov.au/need-help/downloads-and-orders/
- Gambling Help Online provides a 24 hour 7 days a week Counselling, Information and Support service to problem Gamblers.
- What is great about GHO is they provide a Postcode box for you to FIND HELP NEAR YOU because (and I quote) “There is free face-to-face counselling in your area available for anyone affected by gambling problems” – and this is AUSTRALIA WIDE btw
Give them a call and take the first steps to beating this disease TODAY! –> http://www.gamblinghelponline.org.au/
Gambling Help Queensland
Queensland Gambling Help is provided via two support systems, the Gambling Helpline and the Gambling Help counselling service. The Gambling Helpline (1800 858 858) is a free, confidential telephone help service which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Gambling Helpline offers immediate information and assistance over the phone, crisis support and referral to your closest Gambling Help service. These services are available for anyone affected by problem gambling, be it yourself, a partner, family member or friend. Calls to the Helpline are free from landlines, and won’t be listed on your phone bill (though may be listed on mobile phone bills). For Gambling Help services in Queensland see this Queensland Government Support & Resource Page
Gambling Help Victoria
Responsible Gambling Foundation have provided one of the most resourceful and easy to navigate websites for anyone and everyone directly (or indirectly) affected by problem gambling. There is also a specific area for children affected by gambling – a sign that this social issue is getting worse before it gets better 🙁 You Can visit the website here –>http://www.responsiblegambling.vic.gov.au/
Gambling Help South Australia
Problem Gambling SA is a government initiative and part of the national support service that exists under the 1800 858 858 Helpline support number Visit them by following the link –> http://www.problemgambling.sa.gov.au/ or check out their Resources page for further reading and support
Gambling Help Western Australia
Gambling Help WA is a free service for people with gambling problems, their partners and families. It offers a supportive environment in which to talk about the impact that gambling has on their lives as well as the opportunity to learn new ways to manage behaviour. The services provided by Gambling Help WA include;
- Professional, confidential face-to-face counselling for people who have an issue with gambling
- Counselling for the family and friends of people with a gambling issue
- Financial counselling to help with gambling-related financial problems
- Community education and assistance to reduce the negative effects of gambling
Contact them directly on 1800 858 858 or visit them via the Gambling Help Online site here –> http://www.gamblinghelponline.org.au/accessing-support/find-support-in-your-state/western-australia/ Looking for more Gambling Help Resources in WA? Visit Centre Care’s resource page here –> http://www.centrecare.com.au/services/metropolitan-services-metro/gambling-help/
Gambling Help Darwin
Amity.org provide a range of community services to residents of Darwin and Gambling is definitely high on their priority list, providing an incredible range of resources and services across the greater majority of the Northern Territory. Visit their Available Help page for a range of services and take the first steps to beating the pokies today!! Visit Amity’s available help page here –> http://www.amity.org.au/our-services/gambling-services/gambling-other-info/gambling-available-help/ Problem Gambling Financial Counselling Anglicare-NT offer a free and confidential specialised financial counselling service for clients experiencing financial difficulty as a result of problem gambling. –> http://www.anglicare-nt.org.au/service/problem-gambling-financial-counselling/
Pokie Addiction – Do Not Underestimate its Sneakiness
The moment you start playing the best pokies for real money and have moved away from the free no download pokies you put yourself in a position where you risk becoming another statistic – a pokie addict who like the 1 in 6 Aussies affected by this disease has succumbed to the lights, design and overall attraction of the pokies – all designed with the very intention of hooking you in – so don’t feel bad. The best way to avoid this happening is to make sure you recognise any and all warning signs –
This article here from HELPGUIDE.ORG is a great reference and resource for those affected by gambling and want more information about the warning signs and avoiding falling from part time player to full-time addict. Read the article by following the link: Gambling Addiction – Warning Signs and How to Get Help In all cases when playing pokies does involve money, we believe in and endorse responsible gaming on every level, From Federal all the way down to the rarest level of all – common sense and practicality – because sometimes these guys are all the stand between you and a serious gambling addiction. Some of the more common gambling responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Playing only in a safe, secure and supportive environment Online casinos we endorse provide 24/7 support, and all of their software is certified. Making deposits and withdrawing the winnings is easy and straightforward.
- Being informed and making informed decisions We explain How Pokies Work, what are the odds of winning, and other details to assist you in making informed decisions.
- Playing only with the funds set aside for the purpose of gambling We do not think that gambling with your lifetime savings is a good idea. Or with your college fund. Or your mortgage.
- Prohibiting minors from gambling Online casinos are to implement stringent age verification techniques to ensure that only people of the legal gambling age can participate in the activity.
- Respecting privacy of the players Online casinos are obliged to take due care to ensure the customer’s rights to privacy.